CONNECTING ASSESSMENTS WITH INTENTIONAL TEACHING (CAIT)
The CAIT program provides free assessment training and implementation support to early childhood educators and administrators throughout Miami-Dade.
As part of a 4-year, $1 million grant from The Children’s Trust, United Way Center for Excellence in Early Education manages, coordinates and provides Teaching Strategies GOLD® assessment training to use results to improve student outcomes and progress.
Does my program qualify?
CAIT works with center-based programs and family childcare homes in low-income census tracts serving 30 percent or more children who receive school readiness subsidies.
If you are a part of The Children’s Trust Thrive by 5 initiative and are in Tier 3 and up, this is the program for you.
What are the benefits?
- Teaching Strategies GOLD® subscriptions for all enrolled children
- Teaching Strategies GOLD® books for administration and teachers
- Teaching Strategies GOLD® training and professional development opportunities
- One tablet and one wireless keyboard for your center
- Bi-weekly, one-on-one coaching and technical assistance
- Learning communities for teachers and administrators
Contact CAIT staff
If you are interested in receiving more information about this exciting opportunity, please email Corina Febres, the CAIT Director, at FebresC@unitedwaymiami.org
Hear from CAIT participants
The Children’s Trust funds our Connecting Assessment with Intentional Teaching (CAIT) program. The Children’s Trust is a dedicated source of revenue established by voter referendum to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County.